By Jana Mendoza
Hey Friends, it’s time to let your mother, wife, daughters and/or those other special ladies in your life know how much you appreciate them for all they do as mothers! There’s a book out there called The Five Love Languages. Basically the premise is that we all communicate and receive love in 5 different ways. Author Gary Chapman says the five ways are Words of Affirmation, Acts of Service, Quality Time, Physical Touch and Receiving Gifts.
While we all love a present (And I’ve got some great suggestions for you below) sometimes the most meaningful gifts we receive are not material. I’m going to give you some great ideas for loving that special someone in your life in addition to a nice present. (And hint: These are great to sprinkle throughout the year to let her know you’re always thinking of her) (A lot of these are aimed at wives, but most of these work really well for any loved one, tweak if you need to.)
First, you need to know how she receives love. If you’re uncertain, think about how she expresses love, and that typically is how she will receive it as well. You can also go to www.5lovelanguages.com and take an assessment to help you figure it out. Next, pick a few of these ideas to give her on Mother’s day.
Words of Affirmation:
- Write up 10 things you love about her and fold them up into a pretty container or bag. She gets to pick one out each day leading up to or after Mothers Day
- Buy one of our Moleskine / Notebook holders and use it to start an ongoing love letter to her. Write a really good one and make it part of her Mothers day gift. Periodically add to it and leave it in a place she’ll find it.
- Write a poem exhorting her qualities. Or if you’re not the writing type find a poem that describes her.
Acts of Service:
- Create a coupon book and add different chores or other items (ie foot rub) that you will do for her at her request. Make this about her.
- One evening sit her down in the bedroom, with her favorite beverage, a new magazine, etc and tell her you’ll take care of giving the kids their baths and putting them to bed. (This also makes a great coupon)
- Get up early and make her breakfast in bed. Buy one of the Love 41’s Leather Serving Trays to deliver it on and it’s also a part of her gift.
- Do any chore that she normally does without saying a word
- Take her out for a date before or after Mothers day. Leave your phones in the car.
- Go for a walk in the evening just the two of you.
- Pick up a book or use a list of conversation starters to just talk together. Here’s a starter list for you.
- Give a really good hug
- Hold her hand
We’ve got you covered here. Check out the following items that we’re recommending for Mother’s Day as well as our Gift Guide for Her. Plus now through May 9th get free 2nd day air shipping with any order over $300 and use the code 25off250 to take $25 off any order over $250 at checkout.
Promo code expires 5/31/17. No cash value. One time use per customer. Excludes gift certificates, Dave’s Deals and Suzette’s Steals. May not be used with other promo codes or discounted offers.
Also, check out Love 41’s gift guide here. They have some beautiful items that the Mom in your life will love on any occasion. Plus they have a promo right now where you can buy a Ladies Essential Oil necklace and get the girls necklace for free. Put both necklaces in your shopping cart and use the code MothersDAYBogo at checkout.